Tampa Electric offers a free Energy Audit – an inspection of your home that identifies areas where you may be wasting valuable energy. When you take advantage of our recommendations, it can be a great way to save on your annual energy costs. Call 813-275-3909
Tampa Electric recommends the following tips to save on your electric bill during the hot summer months.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees or higher. Every degree below 78 will increase the AC portion of your bill by 6-7%.
- Check or replace air conditioning and ventilation filters every month.
- Turn off your air conditioning unit when away from home for 4 hours or more, or set it to 85 degrees or higher.
- Run ceiling fans in occupied rooms only.
- Turn off unnecessary lighting. Install compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) or light-emitting diode bulbs (LEDs).
- Shade windows to block summer sun or install reflective material on east and west-facing windows.
- Make sure your attic is adequately insulated.
- Limit running pool pumps to eight hours per day.
- Turn off computers and monitors. Unplug electronics, gadgets and chargers.
- Lower water heater thermostat setting to 120 degrees and turn off if gone from home for more than 2 days.
- Have your air conditioning and heating systems inspected and serviced once a year.
For the last item above, call Kenco Electrical Services –
(813) 855-6969 or (727) 787-0913